Friday, March 14, 2008

"Auto Show" is to "Detroit" as "???" is to "Taipei"

Do you have a bike? If so, see where it was made. Chances are, it was made in Taiwan. And even if the bike frame wasn't made in Taiwan and the assembly was not performed in Taiwan, I guarantee that there are parts that were made here. Even the high end bikes - especially the high end bikes - outsource their parts making to Taiwan. So when I found out that there was a bicycle show at the convention center in Taipei, I had to go....

You know, I hate when I have a good build up and then have no punchline for my entry. I should have thought this through a bit more. But I need to pack and get ready for the airport, so you'll just have to trust me - the exhibit was really cool, and as you would have expected, it was filled with bikes, bike parts, and more Americans than I had seen all week - I no longer felt unique.

No comments: